Please thoroughly read Trendiswitch® instructions carefully before starting any electrical work & retain them for future reference.
Install Trendiswitch® products in accordance with the latest IEE Wiring Regulations.
If in doubt, please consult a qualified electrician.
To fit: To avoid tarnishing:
• always disconnect the mains before starting • recommended not fit to freshly plastered or damp surfaces
• ensure cables used are of the correct rating & type • do not use masking tape – there really is no need with the Trendiswitch® screwless range!
• familiarise yourself carefully with the location of the terminal connectors before wiring
• follow diagrams below & ensure no bar wires protrude from the terminals
• rocker switches do not need to be earthed due to the plastic face plate
• screw frame into back/pattress box in wall
• clip switch plate back onto frame to create the screwless finish
• re-connect the mains supply
How the signature screwless Trendi Switch finish works
How to wire 2 & 3 gang 2 way Trendi light switches
How to wire the Trendi Switch 13 Amp single & double plug sockets
How to wire the 1 gang 1 way Trendi dimmer switch
How to wire the Trendi Switch PC, TV & Telephone sockets
The middle image below shows the wiring for an intermediate switch, the diagrams either side show 1 gang 2 way switches.
Trendi Switch recommends the minimum back box depths:
|20 amp Neon Insert||25mm|
|45 amp Neon Insert||25mm|
|Fan Speed Control||25mm|
|TV Co-axial & Telephone||35mm|
|TV Co-axial & PC Ethernet||35mm|
|1 gang Telephone||35mm|
|1 gang PC Ethernet||35mm|
|2 gang Telephone||35mm|
|2 gang PC Ethernet||35mm|
|Telephone & PC Ethernet||35mm|
All trendiswitch®.com products are certified to British Standard, CE & CB approved.
The instructions on this technical page are for guaranteed trendiswitch®.com products only, trademark licence no.UK00003001848. Trendiswitch Limited is a UK Company Registration No. 08849300.
The technical information contained here is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Trendiswitch® and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability or suitability with respect to the website or the information related to graphics contained here for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this technical page.
If in any doubt, Trendiswitch® recommend that you please consult a qualified electrician.
We are working on updating all our product technical details and they are being gathered from our technical team daily, but in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0203 5899 520 / firstname.lastname@example.org